This is the Rape Triangle by 11th Principle: Consent, and I’m here to bitch about it:
First step of the triangle:
- Rape jokes are just jokes. Get over it!
- Homophobia, transphobia, sexist attitudes, disclosure of private details has nothing to do with rape.
- Blaming a victim isn’t isolated to rape. Non-consensual photography isn’t even illegal, and shouldn’t be. If you’re in public, you can’t expect privacy.
- Unwanted touch that’s not sexual is by definition not rape. And it can also be many things.
- Trump’s locker room talk is just what insecure morons do. What do you want? Abolish insecurity or just make sure that insecure morons aren’t allowed to talk about their insecure nonsense? Also, i find it extremely funny that this list brings up the Trump locker room thing AND the “disclosure of private details” in the same place! It’s just hilarious! I guess it’s ok to disclose it if it’s Trump.
Ok. Next step in the triangle:
- Cat calls don’t reinforce rape. It’s just something rude people do. But furthermore, there are women who like that sort of shit. I don’t, but thank god i’m not all that attractive. And most Feminists aren’t either, so you don’t have to worry about it either.
- Dick pics themselves aren’t bad. They can be if they’re unsolicited. But once again, they don’t reinforce some nebulous rape “culture”. I’ve gotten dick pics, and not even once did i feel threatened. And aren’t you referencing Anthony Wiener here? So i’ll have to amend my previous statement. I guess disclosing personal details is ok if it’s a man.
- Whoever made this stupid thing doesn’t know what revenge porn is.
- Groping if it’s non-consensual should be illegal, and is very wrong to do.
- Up-skirt pics that are non-consensual are just creepy and weird. But it doesn’t reinforce some rape “culture”.
- Threats and stalking aren’t even necessarily sexual.
I know a guy who was dosed by someone, and my first reaction wasn’t that he deserved it. Surprisingly, without being told, everyone he knew was against it!
Is raping someone under 18 approved by society? I mean, let’s remove the fact that there are some cases that are mitigating and the few cases where a group actually didn’t care (Like a religious sect). Is our culture by and large for it? I would say no. Fuck no!
Groping is here twice. What the fuck! Who wrote this?
Safe word violations? How often does that happen? I’m not into BDSM, but from what i hear in that community, they’re very anal about doing things correctly. So when this happens, it’s a rapist, but once again, how is that cultural?
Sexual coercion is wrong, for sure. But how often does that happen? You’re the one making the claim, so you’re the one who should have some fucking statistics to back them up. But since we’re making unfounded claims, i’m going to make one of my own! I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who agree with this would say most things in our culture is sexual coercion (Like ads and movies and art).
Covert condom removal? Seems very specific? How often does a woman even do that to a man? Or vice versa (which is probably the case as well).
Rape is rape, but it’s pretty much hated by everyone. Well, when i checked, only 0.000002% of people ever rape (Some statistics from Swedish sources).
Incest can be consensual. And it’s not even violent all the time. I agree that it’s creepy and weird, but it doesn’t belong here.
Battery and murder can be sexual, but how often are they even sexual? So i’ll have to ask for the tenth time. How does this reinforce rape?
A culture would be if the culture approves of something. The culture doesn’t by in large approve of creepy behavior towards women, let alone rape! All you’re doing when you’re attributing all of this to rape is undermining actual rape.
You claim that this is systemic, but it strikes me that something that’s systemic should probably not be against the law. Systemic would imply that it’s legal to murder. Which it’s not.
As for your claim that the bottom ones reinforce the upper ones. All you’ve done here is list a bunch of unrelated things and put them in a triangle. Nowhere have you shown a correlation between telling jokes about rape, and murder. Show me that correlation! Show me the chain that leads to it.
In conclusion, this is just pseudo-scientific as hell! You can’t just slap shit in a triangle and call it a theory.